November 24, 2011

DIY French Manicure


Excuse my ugly fingers, I have eczema.


I gave myself a French manicure last Thursday in preparation for clubbing.  My nails are a little bit chipped on the end from working but overall they're holding up pretty well considering my job screams "you can't have nice nails ANDDD work here." I did the white tips free hand (takes some practice!) and added glitter at the base of the tips. The glitter polish was a bit annoying to apply so that a good amount of glitter was on every single nail. Also I didn't do a nice arch that followed the white tip as you can see. I just used the regular brush that comes with the polish, no special tools involved. After this I applied stick on nail art on my ring fingers and thumbs. Too much bling looks tacky with the glitter. I'm not wearing a top coat (ghetto me, I don't have one lol) and am using clear nail polish on top.


Products Used: (in order)
1. Nail Art Enamel in #10 White (Daiso, $2)

2. Sally 
Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light (Well.ca (also available at places like London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, Superstore, etc.) $3)
3. Nail Art Stickers (Ebay, $3 for 30 s
heets of different designs)
4. Sally 
Hansen Hard as Nails w/ Nylon in Nude (Walmart, $2)




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment