February 13, 2012

The Valley by American Apparel

First time trying American Apparel Nail polish! I got this color + 4 other for $3 a bottle when Groupon(?) was hosting "The 7 Days of American Apparel" sale back in December (2011) where one item specific item would be discounted. I figured I should jump on this since it was a good deal.

The Valley

Thoughts?
I like this nail polish! Consistency isn't runny and the color is very opaque upon first application. I'm actually using one coat in my photos. Could stand to use a second coat but this is for show.
Tips are done with shimmery polish I bought from Daiso! I just brushed it on the ends and spread the sparkles a bit. nothing fancy :P I think this will look way better with darker polish.

6 comments:

  1. I was actually pretty impressed with AA nail polish too thought I hate the bottles. Love how this looks with the glitter tips!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I wasn't expecting too much from them so now I'm excited to try the rest out. Definitely agree that the bottle could be less awkwardly shaped.

      Delete
  2. I bought the same deal on TeamBuy. The Valley was on my list but I bumped it for Rose Bowl. Big mistake, the colour looks off against my skin tone!
    The AA polishes are surprisingly good though. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for them though because they seem to separate quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh I bought Rose Bowl too... haven't tried it out yet though. I noticed a lot of them were separated in store when I was picking colors out. Oh well, at least we got them for cheap!

      Delete
  3. love! how much was it for regular price? definitely dropping by ap this weekend



    http://thebestthingaboutbeingagirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete