January 21, 2012

Cozy Comfort

First outfit post in a while! The snow's finally gone.. although I never got my snow day or sledding day, but at least I don't have to wear Hunters every day!

Today I dressed very casually and warmly since it was still very windy. I'm just glad it wasn't raining, gave me a chance to wear my Uggs to complete my "cozy comfort" look. I generally don't wear Uggs anymore unless I'm feeling uber lazy and driving to the grocery store or wherever to grab something, but today was an exception ;)

Wool Sweater || H&M
Top || Talula Babaton
Grey Leggings || J. Crew
Boots || Ugg

I'm in the process of helping my boyfriend clean his room up so we took a trip to Home Depot storage and organization aisle. Sometimes I wish I had an empty room so I could get brand new furnishings, especially for a high-tech closet, but that won't be until I get my own place! We didn't want to buy too much stuff in one go and are planning to slowly organize each area one at a time so we got one thing. A cube shelf. I love these (see here for my cube shelf) as they're a great alternative to the Ikea Expedit shelf if you're on a tighter budget. 

I arranged his cube shelf to make a little wardrobe/dressing area. I quite like it and wish I had my own area to do that. I like making makeshift walls out of bookcases and screens so this played out nicely.

This shelf also comes in Expresso (a dark brown) and Alder (a wood color). I was reading reviews for this shelf and despite low ratings (on the Expresso version) this shelf is great. I was kinda surprised people said this was hard to put together and had unclear instructions considering I put my 6 cube together by myself at 3AM when I wasn't exactly the sharpest lol. 

Yeah, that mirror is girly lol. We'll get a new one when we take a trip to Ikea but for now it'll do.
Boyfriend being Mr. Organized, strategically putting things together.
From Top to Bottom, Left to Right:
Solid Colored V-Necks
Shirts with Screen Prints/Designs
Sweaters
Belts/Sunglasses
Plaid Shirts
Track Pants
& A Bunch of Jeans

To continue the clean up/reorganization of my room I also bought something
I really like that it doesn't have brackets although Home Depot did have some cute brackets available. I haven't installed them yet (will probably have to get my Dad to do it!) but when I do I think I'll put photo frames on top. I'm excited for these to go up so I don't have to see a bare grey wall any more.

2 comments:

  1. aw i love the white cube shelf wish I had room in my room for that! ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( Time for some spring cleaning! I gave away and threw out so much stuff in my closet to make room for my cube shelf. Definitely lots of hard work but it'll pay off!

      Delete