January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry about my absense. I've been really busy with my family and cleaning my house and haven't been on my computer very much. I hope all of you had a safe and fun New Years Eve and spent it with the people you love the most.

Resolutions for the year?
1. Spend more time with my family and visit my grandparents more often.
2. Keep my close friends close and stay away from those who I'm not as fond of. If I used to talk to you a lot and we were close friends but we don't speak a word to each other any more, there's obviously a reason why. As I'm getting older, I'm finding myself less outgoing and more quiet. I have a small group of friends and don't really connect with new people as easily as I used to. I'm not the type of person who parties with or meets people once and adds them on Facebook to increase my friend count.
3. Maintain and improve my grades in upper division courses. I want to be way above the minimum average for entrance into Grad School at UBC and SFU. So far so good, but I don't like to speak too soon!
4. Go clubbing less.
5. Spend less and only buy things I need.
6. Be more dedicated to this blog and publish a larger variety of postings.

To celebrate New Years Even I went to a friend's house party. I arrived late since I went to a different house party first and both had a different attire theme. The first was casual, everyday wear and the second was more polished and formal. I tried to find an in-between outfit but didn't really like what I ended up wearing. Oh well, here it is anyway:

Top || Fluo
Skirt || Upson & Downes by William Anzevino
I really love this sequin skirt.. if sequin is the appropriate word lol. It was only $15 at Urban Outfitters!

The following day I had a New Year's Day dinner with my family and more sequins. Here's what I wore:

Top || happening in the present
Cardigan || Forever 21
Jeans || Forever 21

Besides celebrating New Years and what not, I've been in the process of cleaning my room. I said I would take before and after photos but I'm kind of embarrassed to post them haha. My entire room had clothes everywhere and my closet was filled with shoeboxes full of crap. I threw away a lot of stuff, including all the show boxes and replaced that space with the shelf from Zellers that I previously posted about.  

Perfect size for my closet. They also had an 8-cube shelf but that would only fit in my closet if I didn't want room for anything else like a laundry basket.

I also cleaned the top shelf of my closet which also contained loads of shoe boxes. I even found a box of empty shoe boxes -.- Not sure what I was planning to do with those.. After the clean out:

Jeans, jeans, jeans and some random stuff. 

Also added some wall decorations above my closet and above my door:


0 comments:

Post a Comment