January 12, 2012

Demi By Julep On My Injured Toe

Before I show the polish here's my outfit the of the day:

The weather was surprisingly nice today so I dressed more springy... Although by 4:30 it was super cold and I wished I wore some thicker clothes. I had a jacket on but that was also thin.
Tank || American Eagle
Blouse || Ellen Tracy
Jeggings || American Eagle
Scarf || Everything All We Ever Wanted

I changed my toe nail polish finally! My toe nail polish always seems to last a long time and I blogged the last time I painted them which was back in December. Upon removing the polish I noticed there was discoloration on my big toe. At first I thought it might be stained from having polish on for so long but it actually seems to be a bruise or blood under the nail, I don't know :( I probably got it from wearing crappy heels clubbing a few times this winter break. Ugh. Lesson learned: don't buy heels from Forever 21 even if they're cheap and disposable.

Gross! Sorry this was in the middle of removing polish.

I wanted to cover up the ugly bruise so I used my Julep nail polish which was featured in my last post.

Demi by Julep
One coat - the color is supposed to be a burgundy shade. It reminded me of blood when I was applying it because the polish was really liquidity.

Makeupkismet commented that when she tried Julep it chipped really fast leaving her disappointed. So far my nails haven't chipped but it could be because the polish is on my toes and not finger nails. My nails experience way more abuse than my toe nails. We'll see how long these last!

2 comments:

  1. Oh damn, I hope your toe heals. It looks super painful. I generally stay away from cheap clubbing shoes from disposable fashion stores. But their ankle booties and boots don't seem as bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri! I noticed it really hurt the day after every time I went clubbing but I didn't think much of it.. thought it was just a case of sore feet! Surprisingly it doesn't hurt at all so hopefully it's on the path to healing.

      Delete