January 14, 2012

Fancy Sweatpants

 "When you are forty-five years old and have six children, it's a slippery slope to sweatpants and a minivan."
- Laura Bennett

No, that isn't me.. I'm neither 45 or have 6 kids.. but I do love sweatpants at my current 20 year old state. I don't know why but I'm suddenly intrigued by fitted sweatpants.. not the slouchy, slobby, in-your-house-only sweats, but fitted, well cut ones.

I think I first saw Lily @ Bleed For Fashion rocking them and I thought they looked great. Unfortunately I can't find the exact post but if anyone follows her blog you know they'd look great!

T By Alexander Wang makes quite a few fitted sweatpants (see examples on Shop Style) but I would honestly never pay more than $40 for sweatpants brand name or not, especially with my student budget. As a result I found some other sweatpants that are fitted and within my budget to satisfy my current obsession.

I ordered these recently and I'm hoping they fit okay. They look a bit more baggy than I'd like but I was keen on getting a pair. I really like the cuffs on the pants but I'm afraid that the waistband makes these look more pajama-y. We'll see when they arrive. 

These should definitely be more fitted since they're kids size. I think these look a lot less like pajamas and more so the look I was going for. They're grey in case it's a bit hard to tell.

A couple outfit inspirations:
Paired with blouses or tighter coats, I think this could look great.

Aside from these sweatpants I've made a few other recent purchases in the last couple weeks. I was going to wait until they arrived to blog about them but stock pictures look better than my crappy modelling pictures.. so here goes!

This actually arrived on Wednesday and I love the back. Not posting a front photo since there's no black photo, but click the link to see if you're curious! I was planning to wear it tonight to go out but given the snowfall I don't think I'll be wearing it anymore :(

Another blouse! 

Non-black leggings for a change

A pop of color for my wardrobe. All my blazers are neutral colored so this will add some variety and be great for spring!

2 comments:

  1. I own a pair of "fashion sweatpants" from Aritzia and they are seriously the comfiest things ever - plus they fit into boots like leggings. I have no shame and totally wear them out of the house all the time, haha!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pants, you have good style. Pants can be combined with a cool bag

    ReplyDelete