January 03, 2012

The Shack Eatery and Watering Hole

I love eating comfort food and when I saw a group buy deal for The Shack Eatery and Watering Hole for $20 for $40 worth of food so I thought I'd try it. I looked up the menu online and the food sounded delicious and just my type. Burgers, wings, sandwiches, everything I like. I'm not a "food snob" or anything. I'll eat anything if I'm hungry! 

What I wore out to eat:
Top || ? - I bought it off Ebay from a company in Hong Kong
Faux Leather Leggings || American Eagle 77 Kids
Scarf || Ardene

Yam Fries served with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli $8
The portion size was really generous for the price! This photo was taken after my boyfriend and I munched on them for a while so it came with a lot more. There's also more fries under the Aioli! These were really good.

Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese ($14)
Two of my favorite things put together.. cheese and pulled pork. I was really looking forward to this but was kind of disappointed. It was missing that extra punch of flavor. Maybe it was missing that extra bit of saltiness because it lacked a good combination of cheese(?). I'm not sure, I suck at cooking. I also realized they forgot my garlic cheese bread but that's okay. I couldn't finish this after eating 1/3 of it + yam fries from before! Took it home in carry-out box.

Thunder Club Sandwich with Cheese and a Fried Egg + Fries $16.50
Boyfriend's meal. This was a pretty expensive sandwich imo, but he liked it. The sandwich is named after the UBC Clan since it's somewhat close to campus. He originally wanted The Shack Burger, but couldn't order it, and then the Beef Dip, but also couldn't order that and then our server told us that The Shack is under new management and they're revamping the menu so they have no beef right now. Disappointing but this sandwich was still good at least. 

Overall, I'm not sure if I'd come back here. I love the types of food served here but for pub/comfort food it's kinda pricey! I'm glad I had a group buy coupon which made this meal worth it. Normally I won't spend that much for this type of food. The service was good though, keep in mind it was dead. There were only about 4 other groups in the place. Our server was really nice and down to earth. If I'm ever in the Kits area and need to watch a Canucks game and crave yam fries I'd definitely stop by, otherwise I don't think I'd make a special trip out here. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment