January 26, 2012

Neutral Colored Denim (UPDATED!)

Colored denim has been out for a long time now. Have to admit I'm very late on this. The colors that seemed to attract the most attention were electric blues and reds. I was really tempted to buy some from Zara at the beginning of their winter clearance sale since they had my size and were $29 or maybe it was $20. Can't remember. When I thought long and hard about it I didn't think I'd get much wear out of them nor did I really like the idea of having bright stand-out pants! I love wearing color in the spring and summer, but that's limited to shirts and mainly pastel colors, so I opted out.

I was still hung up on the idea of colored denim and needed to fill my void.

Solution? Get neutral colored denim that still stands apart from wearing your everyday black and blue. Colors that are of particular interest include burgundy's and dark green's.

I'm new to colored denim so I'm not ready to make an expensive commitment by buying an expensive pair. For a regular pair I'd feel more comfortable paying the price but since this is more trendy (maybe it'll become a staple in the future) I was looking to pay a low price point.

$22 @ Urban Planet 
I know Urban Plant is not known for their quality at all but I really liked these and they suited my budget so I really can't complain. I'll update about the quality + color when they arrive. Maybe they won't be as bad as I think just like the Bluenotes Trousers I bought a while back. Here's to hoping!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So these arrived at the beginning of this week and I must say the quality of them isn't bad at all! The material is very soft and the color is great and true to the photo. My only complaint is that I wish they were more fitted! I ordered the green in a small and burgundy in a medium since that was the smallest size left. I figured they might fit small but I was wrong. The pants are bigger in the waist and through the calf so I'll have to go exchange the burgundy pair if I can find them in store, the green pair I can handle not being as fitted as I had hoped. Maybe I'll try shrinking them.

Yay for color :)






3 comments:

  1. I've been searching for denim that's maroon or burgundy coloured as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dark green one so much! hope you post some pictures of you wearing them soon:)

    http://thebestthingaboutbeingagirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete