December 26, 2011

Boxing Day Shopping 2011

This is the first time I've gone Boxing Day shopping in a long time. The last few years I skipped out since there wasn't anything specific I wanted. I also hate the crowds and line ups to pay. This year I went to Park Royal mall  because I knew it would be less busy than Metrotown and I also wasn't interested in heading downtown because it pouring rain. Happy I went to Park Royal since it wasn't very busy at the one store I wanted to go to.

Outfit of the day (featuring my boyfriend)


On me:
Top || Wilfred
Blazer || Forever 21
Stirrup Leggings || Bluenotes
Scarf || Zara

On him:
Top || J. Lindeberg
Cardigan || Banana Republic
Jeans || True Religion

First stop of the day, Aritzia, of course! The store opened at 7AM and we arrived around 7:20. The store had a fair number of customers, but it would be considered dead compared to Metrotown or downtown. I was hoping to get a couple of Wilfred blouses but they seemed to have put them away (or I wasn't looking hard enough). The one item I really wanted to get was a new peacoat. I already have a few black and grey peacoats so I was aiming to get a camel colored one. Managed to succeed in getting one! It'll most likely go a bit cheaper in the next few weeks but my size sells out fast so it's now or never haha.



Not much of a sale.. $298 down to $275, but again, now or never because my size will most likely sell out!

Besides the coat, I didn't buy anything else today for myself. I bought my boyfriend the cardigan he's wearing above. I took the pictures after we went shopping, got home, and went back out again for dinner so that's why it's featured in the outfit of the day. His cardigan was $35, regular $110 so that was a good deal in my books. I'm not sure what the material is though, I think it said Italian wool.

Overall, good shopping day. I didn't overspend and got exactly what I needed :) Hope all of you Boxing Day shoppers had a good day too!

2 comments:

  1. Nice coat! I was wondering what size you got :) I'm doubting whether the fit of my coat was right..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    Thank you! I purchased the coat in size XXS. Whenever I buy coats I make sure my chest feels okay when the coat is fully buttoned and I also make sure I can move my arms without restriction. Hope that helps you out!

    ReplyDelete