December 20, 2011

Lush 9 To 5 Cleanser

I didn't want to make my previous post too long so I'll post a separate one!

Also on my last minute Christmas shopping journey I got something small for myself while I was at Lush in search of present for my boyfriend's mom. I left with a bottle of 9 To 5 Cleanser after the sales associate recommended it to me. I have combination skin and she said this isn't over drying and it also removes makeup. 

So far, I've used it once, ie. today when I removed my make up. It's only been one use but I have to say, I love it! I cleanse my face with a Clarisonic Brush as well and I felt really clean and not dry after washing my face. My usual go to cleanser was Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and while it is great for removing make up it's extremely drying for me. 

I've just been really lazy to find a new cleanser but I think this has the potential to be the one. I would take a picture of my Clarisonic Brush Head after cleansing with both cleansers, but that may look kind of nasty haha. Not sure if anyone wants/needs to see that! But yes, after cleansing with 9-5 I noticed that the brush was significantly more soiled, hopefully indicating that more make up was removed! 

I'll give it a week or two before deeming this my HG cleanser for when I wear make up. It's only been one use so it's definitely too early to call it. I'll see if I break out at all or if my skin improves from dryness. 

One last thing I also left Lush with was a sample of Herbalism

The SA who was helping me recommended this as an alternative to the Fresh Farmacy Soap which I previously purchased. I never did a formal review on the Fresh Farmacy Soap, but after using it for 2 weeks, I found it to be slightly drying and I'm not sure how effective it was at clearing my skin up and preventing acne without the help of other acne treatment products like Benzoyl Peroxide.

Herbalism is supposed to be good for oily skin and is also a very gentle exfoliant. Although you are not supposed to exfoliate very often in a week, the SA said this one is gentle enough to be used twice daily. She herself suffers from acne problems and says she uses this. I plan to use Herbalism twice daily, unless I use the 9-5 Cleanser to remove makeup. I'm looking forward to trying this product as well. I only have a small sample but hopefully a little will go a long way :)

3 comments:

  1. Visit Jessie while she's still working at Lush!
    She'll help you get some samples ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girly! i'm temped to order the bluenotes pants from your previous post =) I have also nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. I hope you accept. The rules are on my blog. Basically it's to recognize bloggers that are just starting out in the bloggosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Something About Kerri

    order them! wallet and closet friendly :)

    also thanks so much for nominating me Kerri. Happy Holidays and good luck boxing day shopping if you're heading out!

    ReplyDelete